Professional, personal, model portfolios and theatrical head-shots. For use on your web site, business card, portfolio, social media, or dating site. Today, more than ever it’s important to have a strong image
of yourself that effectively reflects who you are.
Preparing for your Head Shot
Clothing is a form of expression and the clothes that you select to wear will reflect your personality in the images. Simple is usually best unless you're going for theatrical shots.
- Solid colors look great in headshots.
- If going with a pattern keep it simple.
- Start with a simple shirt or blouse and slowly add layers: jackets, sweaters (texture is aways nice in photos).
- Bring a few changes of clothes to the shoot - I suggest something light, dark and a color you absolutely love. .
- Make sure that all clothes are cleaned and pressed before the shoot.
- Don’t worry about shoes if we're just shooting headshots. For Model Portfolio's do bring shoes because we will take a few full body shots.
- We'll start with your hair down and towards the end of the shoot put it up for a more casual look, if desired.
- I do recommend having your hair done for the shoot, it will look great and you'll feel good about it. Men, try to have your hair cut a week or two prior to the shoot so that it has time to 'settle in'.
- We have an excellent make-up artist that we can arrange to have at the studio, please inquire.
During the Shoot
- We can put some music on if you'd like to help ease some tension. We have a blue-tooth enabled speaker so feel free to bring your playlist.
- Let me guide you, even if it sounds a little silly. I know the best posing for headshots and the best way to shape your face. You may feel a little funny posing differently, but trust me the photos will look great.
- Relax a little. Headshot sessions should be fun. Don’t be afraid to let your guard down.
- Don’t force your smile. It will look awkward in the images and your cheeks will be sore after the shoot. A good tip is to leave a little space between your teeth when smiling, enough to put the tip of your pinky in between. Your smile will look more genuine. Practive makes pefect, so try practicing your smile in the mirror to see what feels best fro you.
- I'll definitely tell you to take a breath throughout the shoot if needed - it will help relax you. Mostly, let's have fun while creating some great, new head-shots for you!