Professional, personal, model portfolios and theatrical head-shots. For use on your web site, business card, portfolio, social media, or dating site. Today more than ever it’s important to have a strong image
of yourself that effectively reflects who you are.
Preparing for your Head Shot
Clothing is a form of expression and the clothes that you pick to wear will reflect your personality in the images. Simple is usually best unless you're going for theatrical shots.
- Solid colors look great in headshots.
- If going with a pattern keep it simple.
- Start with a simple shirt or blouse and slowly add layers.
- Bring a few changes of clothes to the shoot.
- Make sure that all clothes are ironed and pressed before the shoot.
- Don’t worry about shoes if just shooting headshots. For Model Portfolio's do bring shoes because we will take a few full body shots.
- We'll start with your hair down and towards the end of the shoot put it up for a more casual look.
- I do recommend having your hair done for the shoot, it will look great and you'll feel good about it. Men, try to have your hair cut a week or two prior to the shoot so that it has time to 'settle in'.
- We have an excellent make-up artist that we can arrange to have at the studio, please inquire.
During the Shoot
- We can put some music on if you'd like to help ease some tension. We have a blue-tooth enabled speaker so feel free to bring your playlist.
- Let me guide you, even if it sounds a little silly. I know the best posing on headshots and the best way to shape your face. You may feel a little funny posing differently, but trust me the photos will look great.
- Relax a little. Headshot sessions should be fun. Don’t be afraid to let your guard down.
- Don’t force your smile. It will look awkward in the images and your cheeks will be sore after the shoot. A good tip is to leave a little space between your teeth when smiling, enough to put the tip of your pinky in between. Your smile will look more genuine.
- I'll definitely tell you to take a breath throughout the shoot if needed - it will help relax you. Mostly, let's have fun while creating some great, new head-shots for you!